PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Asia Indonesia Lost Contact from Surabaya to Singapore
Old 27th Jan 2015, 19:32
Sop_Monkey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It ain't an idea, it is a necessity for recovery from nose high unusual attitudes to "unload the wings", if all else fails. It is practiced every 6 months where I and every other non computer pilot, carried out recurrent training at any reputable ATO. If you are in a "deep stall" and unable to get the nose down, that is your only hope, apart from a recovery parachute attached to the tail. I ask the question again, has A/B carried out a fully developed/deep stall at altitude in their "un-crashable aircraft"? If not, then why not and why was it certified in the first place? Tell me please.

Yes pilots shouldn't be getting themselves into a stalled situation in the first instance but it is happening, mainly due to overall inexperience.

Computers are very good. I am the first to admit, are better at flying normal procedures than any human will ever be and in addition frees up the handling pilot for extra monitoring etc.. However if a human is allowed to get the a/c into a scenario due to human error, the computers are not so good at recovery action. Remember AF.

I have never flown an Airbus and never will. So I am both.

Last edited by Sop_Monkey; 27th Jan 2015 at 19:49.