PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Global Aviation Magazine : 60 Years of the Hercules
Old 27th Jan 2015, 13:23
Dougie M

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It MAY have some bearing

It COULD be that Kilwhang was doing a kit check after remembering THAT Eastabout because the story continues.
As we sat in the coffee lounge in the Ops Dispatch building at Anderson Air Base in Guam a clerk came out and asked if we could take a "space available" indulgence pax to the States. On hearing that the pax was U.S. Navy Dave C. our skipper, said that we had an exchange agreement with the U.S. Air Force but not the Navy.
Seconds later a very well set up U.S. Wren appeared at our table in full No1 whites. She must have been from Devizes because her left breast was covered in awards and medal ribbons and her right one had just a couple of gold badges.
"Who is Captain Ascot here?" she said. Dave C very bravely said "That would be me."
"Why are you so ****ty to the Navy?" she demanded "I need to get home for my wedding!"
So that's how we ended up in Hawaii with our own imported totty. After several margaritas she even started to look attractive. Whilst sunbathing at the pool though it was obvious that she was a disciple of Archbishop Makarios which was rather off putting but we carried her on to Sacramento where she went home to her unsuspecting fiance. We thought about sending a card saying "Thanks for everything, Captain Ascot and the boys" but she may have hunted us down cos she'd seen the squadron badges. The memory also made me very protective of the jewels for some time afterwards.