PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Credible bomb threats on Delta & Southwest flights:
Old 27th Jan 2015, 08:26
blind pew

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts
truth

Having been a part of a crew where we had a specific threat, de-pressurised the aircraft and after return to terra firma waited 1/2 hour until they could find someone brave enough to position stairs to disembark I would disagree with some of the need to know.
We had at least two credible devices (I never knew the truth of the above incident)...
We were volunteered to fly the route...of course never flew with management... still we were never told the truth (except by a bomb disposal officer) and the only known file is frozen for 40 years...
Fast forward to my last company where we carried armed guards and had full and truthful access to security files..
Maybe we should take a leaf out our books and follow Argentina WRT the security services...
Who knows the truth...
But I would rather make my own assessment of the risks than be fed all of the security rubbish...
From a man whose wife was attacked three times last year and who had three armed robberies within 30 yards of his home... (peaceful europe)