PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - VFR...VFR...Oops..*gulp* Hello IFR... Literally Out of the 'Blue' (Sky pun intended)
Old 27th Jan 2015, 07:48
Exiled Martian

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Greetings Fellow Lift Junkies.....Hope all is well & boy does time fly fast & Straight and Level mind you

Due to high bouts of nostalgia (& recent euphoria) I just had to bump this gem of an experience & once again, I THANK all you guys for offering your suggestions & advise as to how the situation could have been better remedied. Hopefully new budding PPL'ers will be reading this & taking notes So I have been on a social hiatus due to various personal/professional developments in my life, but I'd just like to update everyone in here that I've come a very long way from making this (CPL/IR ascertained late 2014) mistake as a juvenile PPL'er & from time to time I still candidly tend to stare at this entry in my logbook with a wry smile on my face.

I was all set, gearing up to commence my FI rating this year, seeing as ALL my attempts at trying to secure a RHS somewhere had been proving futile since October last year. That is until I saw an email from the CAE nestled in my inbox requesting my CV for FR to review. Fast forward the tape & I was very very lucky (i emphasise luck because some people wait years for this chance to prove their self worth) to be have been invited by FR & passed my assessment in Dublin & have recently received news that I'm set to commence TR come April/May. I don't know if this was divine intervention/ lady luck taking a liking or god merely getting around to answering my emails, but yes 8 years of disciplined saving & 3 years of Modular blood,sweat tears are finally about to be avenged accordingly. I cannot explain the type of feeling that once experiences when that email confirming my TR date set everything in stone....Childhood career dream finally coming to fruition....here is to bigger better things in 2015 (Happy belated NY) To all you hopefuls and dreamers out there best of luck to on your aviation endeavours

Last edited by Exiled Martian; 27th Jan 2015 at 09:11.