PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - ATPL theory questions
View Single Post
Old 27th Jan 2015, 07:39
cavok_flyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LBA: 6 Down 8 To Go

I wrote VFR Comms, IFR Comms, OPs, Air Law, Weather, and GenNav yesterday in Braunschweig. The Comms, OPs, Air Law were 1:1 from Peter's Software databank. Weather for the most was from it as well except for three questions:

The temperature on the land is 10C/05C. What air temperature from an air mass originating over the water need to be to form advection fog (these are the answers as best as I can remember them...):

A) 10/05
B) 20/05
C) 25/10
D) 20/15

I chose D since the air temp in D is higher than the air over the land therefore holding more moisture and the spread is smaller than 25/10. The warmer air flows over the land and is then cooled. Dunno...

Also there were 2 weather charts questions. For one, you have to find the route where there is no icing at FL180. There is then a list of routes i.e. Frankfurt-Madrid, Zurich-Marsailles, etc. I cannot remember the other question, but it was fairly easy.

Anyhoo, crash and burn in GenNav. I would say that 1/2 of the questions where not in the Peter databank. All of them do-able, but I had mostly questions with headings and NONE of the heading questions were multiple choice: ALL FILL IN THE BLANKS. Bastards.... A really (for me) tricky polar stereographic question: North Pole: A) is at 75N 146E; B) 78N 168E; what is the TT at 155E. Almost all of the questions requiring a number for an answer were fill in the blank.

My big problem was time management. Next time, I will use some of the leftover time in one of the other subject and write out the formulas and memory-helpers BEFORE I start the NAV section (i.e. C-D-M-V-T). Saves some time.