PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Request vs Require.
View Single Post
Old 27th Jan 2015, 06:39
Keg

Nunc est bibendum

Received 11 Likes on 2 Posts
Exclamation

They can see me waiting, nothing is achieved by carrying on like a pork chop.
I agree on this point. I'm not sure I've ever suggested that carrying on like a pork chop is either an adequate way of doing business or something that will achieve anything. I'm not sure anyone has suggested that so I find it a bit weird that you even make the point.

Niff naff, absolute trivia, you have no control over that stuff why the artificial care factor ?

I dont know if the ATC sequence is fair or not, I dont have their big picture. I would like to think in Australia ATC treat all of their customers the same, there is a bit of give and take for all.
Because if it's happening on a regular basis then we can feed that back to the company and they can do something about it. Everyone makes mistakes at times. EG at one stage there was an arbitrary call to sequence all heavies via the full ILS into BNE. It gave us a commercial disadvantage with being slowed to allow other aircraft on the visual in front of us- to maximise the airspace use. We fed that back up the chain and it was resolved. Using the logic you've articulated here I just 'suck it up' and do nothing about it- to the detriment of my airline when doing it's best to reduce costs. This is an 'easy win'.

What paces the turn around for me is when everyone has done their job properly. We go when we are ready, not when a timetable says we should.
Again there is an underlying implication here that I rush things. I too am happy to cop the delay when it occurs. However I also know that sometimes the delay on the ground in MEL is caused by something that happened ex Sydney and if I can manage to avoid it then so much the better. At the end of the day my passengers want to be safe but they also expect me to be as on time as possible. Therefore I DO care if there are systemic issues that cause me to be late. If I can assist in feeding back the info to solve those issues then job done. In the mean time I manage the delay accordingly.

That is a point I have raised a number of times, it is the domestic carriers business decision to fly something like 4 narrow body aircraft between SYD/MEL an hour. What you are describing is a first world problem like not having free wifi at the coffee shop. It has nothing to do with foreign AOC holders.
Now we really are going around in circles. I've never made such a suggestion that it is the fault of the foreign AOC holders. I'm not sure anyone else has either. That was in response to someone else saying 'who cares' where you are in the sequence. I was simply pointing out that where you are in the sequence can have significant issues down the track.

Were I to make some implications of my own I would suggest that your comments allude to a quite blasé attitude to operating a commercial service or an ignorance of the multiple things that impact on whether a domestic network provides the service the passengers pay for as well as whether it's making money. I'll just put it down instead to some crossed wires in the comms and suspect that we're a lot closer in our thinking than what your comments imply.

Anyway, I'm done. Better things to do this evening.... and tomorrow... and the day after that is looking pretty busy too!