PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Request vs Require.
View Single Post
Old 27th Jan 2015, 05:21
swh

Eidolon

Received 24 Likes on 13 Posts
Really? I've not seen it many times at all. When it's occurred ATC have been very clear about it being related to wake separation and/ or the ability to get a both of us away (Dash out in front of me turning right shortly after takeoff and then me before the next arrival) instead of just getting me away due to their not being enough for the Dash to get 2 minutes behind me. As you say, it's about 'plugging holes'. I reckon it's a much more efficient use of the airspace and thus I rail against the term 'commercial advantage' as though they're gaming the system- at least in the way that we've been discussing throughout
Yeah of course, the Saab was going to somewhere like Bathurst, the Dash to Canberra, 73 to Adelaide, they had multiple aircraft lined up on the runway. Both of the turboprops had their SID cancelled and radar headings assigned. I dont ask why or complain, I let ATC get on with their job. They can see me waiting, nothing is achieved by carrying on like a pork chop.

I care. If I get (unfairly) put behind an A320 or 737 on the same route as me it can mean having to fly slower than ECON climbs, cruises and descents- burn more fuel.
Niff naff, absolute trivia, you have no control over that stuff why the artificial care factor ?

I dont know if the ATC sequence is fair or not, I dont have their big picture. I would like to think in Australia ATC treat all of their customers the same, there is a bit of give and take for all.

It's got issues for turn arounds times at my destination when I'm scheduled on the next sector in min time.
What paces the turn around for me is when everyone has done their job properly. We go when we are ready, not when a timetable says we should. Blaming others is becoming a world recognized Australian trait. No one is to blame if you have done you job professionally, you have to adapt to the hand that is dealt.

If there is a tree in the way in the takeoff splay, they cut the tree down, not the way you take off. If the schedule does not work, change the schedule, not the way you work.

I've seen a 30 second delay in a 'ready' call transmit to a 27 minute delay on arrival between MEL and SYD.
That is a point I have raised a number of times, it is the domestic carriers business decision to fly something like 4 narrow body aircraft between SYD/MEL an hour. What you are describing is a first world problem like not having free wifi at the coffee shop. It has nothing to do with foreign AOC holders.

Just as I don't use MAYDAY when a PAN PAN or severe when moderate is more appropriate, my question was simply do these operators even understand the basic difference between Request and Require and should they be coached by ATC or simply processed according to their request.
I think the more obvious conclusion to draw is that pilots of domestic carriers are of the view everyone operates under the same rules. What has been pointed out numerous times is that foreign AOC holders even when operating the same type, are operating that type to a different framework and have different requirements.

Foreign AOC holders operate to the regulations of the country of registration, not CASA. Your Australian licence does not permit you to operate those aircraft even if the type appears on your Australian licence.