PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Request vs Require.
View Single Post
Old 27th Jan 2015, 02:49
Keg

Nunc est bibendum

Received 11 Likes on 2 Posts
No offence Keg, but where did ACMS/404 et al say they did it for commercial advantage?
They didn't.... but nor did I suggest they did. Though the 'commercial advantage' theme has popped up at various times so I thought that I'd throw it in that I didn't do it and nor have I seen any of the CXs/ ANZs/ etc do it either.

Btw , are you going to accept the min requirement.
Maybe. Min requirement for what? Visual approaches? Sure, why not.

Keg I have been ready many times in SYD when you have a 737, DHC-8, and SF340 call ready after me and use the various intersections on 16R to get way before me.
Really? I've not seen it many times at all. When it's occurred ATC have been very clear about it being related to wake separation and/ or the ability to get a both of us away (Dash out in front of me turning right shortly after takeoff and then me before the next arrival) instead of just getting me away due to their not being enough for the Dash to get 2 minutes behind me. As you say, it's about 'plugging holes'. I reckon it's a much more efficient use of the airspace and thus I rail against the term 'commercial advantage' as though they're gaming the system- at least in the way that we've been discussing throughout

Apart from those relatively few times (and it's always been explained) I've never seen the departure queue go in anything other than the 'ready' call to ATC even for intersection traffic.

Not disputing that it hasn't occurred, just it's not been my experience in the last 6 years ops into/ out of SYD, MEL or BNE.

I don't give a toss... or ready first, it is not a competition to me.
I care. If I get (unfairly) put behind an A320 or 737 on the same route as me it can mean having to fly slower than ECON climbs, cruises and descents- burn more fuel. It's got issues for turn arounds times at my destination when I'm scheduled on the next sector in min time. I've seen a 30 second delay in a 'ready' call transmit to a 27 minute delay on arrival between MEL and SYD.

ATC have their plan, and their big picture, my job it to convey what I need from them. I dont tell them how to do their job, nor do I think I am any more or less important than any of their other customers.
On this point we agree completely.

I suspect that most of us are coming at this from more or less the same direction. I certainly don't see ACMS/ 404 or ANCPER as trolling as perhaps others have indicated.

Anyway, all good. Where's my beer and popcorn for this arvo?