PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Blue hiring
View Single Post
Old 27th Jan 2015, 02:09
Snakecharma

Received 13 Likes on 3 Posts
Falling leaf, you are taking one para out of context - I wasn't forgetting wide body FO's, I just lumped all FO's into the narrow body category in my original post - wasn't intentional just a slip of the tongue as it were.

There are, relatively speaking, not all that many wide body FO's, even if you combine 777 and 330, when compared to the number of FO's in the narrow body fleet.

You are probably right about being too optimistic, but who knows. My original post had say 2 years as a SO, then 10-12 years as a FO (wide body/narrow body doesn't matter), so all up 12-14 years to a command.

As I say you are probably right about being too optimistic, but airlines seem to go in 7 year cycles, so there is a fair chance that we will see one or two of those in the timeline described. It can go from feast to famine (and back again) relatively quickly.

Either way, the point I was trying to make was the days of the quick command are gone and have been replaced by the potential for variety (fleet, country, style of flying).