PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SOUTHEND 5
Thread: SOUTHEND 5
View Single Post
Old 26th Jan 2015, 20:33
wethersfield

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
That's good news about attending Routes and i also understand LSA are attending the IATA Slots conference which is showing at Vancouver 23-25/6.

Seems the Management are definitely putting themselves about now and i hope they are successful in attracting some much needed new business.

With the high demand for popular slots at the London Airports and Southend not operating a slot system, they should have a big advantage in attracting customers who are unable to obtain the slots they require elsewhere providing of course their aircraft are capable of operating through here. This, added to the many benefits LSA can offer, must be advantageous.

Since it appears Greater Anglia/ Network Rail are still unwilling to provide an early morning service from Liverpool Street to connect to early flights, or a later one in the evening, i would hope that LSA can now announce the talked about operation of the Express Coach leaving Southend late evening after the last train departs- i think 2210 - to remain at Liverpool Street for the early departure to Southend in the morning.

Getting that sorted is essential if they want to attract airlines looking for early departures / late arrivals in order to compete with the other London Airports