PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Request vs Require.
View Single Post
Old 26th Jan 2015, 19:19
Keg

Nunc est bibendum

Received 11 Likes on 2 Posts
Lightbulb

Keg,

Let me know when you're down to 4 handling sectors per month with constant BOC and you'll accept the minimum requirement on everything
Lol. I love how you presume that I've never done such a thing previously. Been there. Done that. Got the t-shirt. Like you blokes I'm comfortable in how to require when appropriate and I don't use it for commercial advantage.

I don't want to get too bogged down in the semantics of this one. For the most part I don't have an issue with CX or ANZ or most other carriers requiring whatever runway they want. I trust that they know how to operate their aircraft appropriately. It's when some particular carriers on reflex always require the long runway- laughably at times when it's not very suitable at all.... recall hearing one of the China carriers request 16 in MEL when the wind was a 30+ knot westerly with up to 10 knots of downwind.

My point was specifically to the 'tired/ require ILS' point and nothing more.

t has also been explained the queue jumping domestic carriers are a regular beneficiary of by taking intersection departures when we taxi for full length. They never seem to complain if they jump the sequence to land on a shorter runway.
How are they queue jumping if they'r ready before you? If they're not ready before you but it assists ATC with the traffic flow due to the wake separation requirements or the departure tracking issues then that's not queue jumping either.

Anyway.....