PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Request vs Require.
View Single Post
Old 26th Jan 2015, 11:55
ANCPER

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Keg,

Would you ever request a vis app into HK on a normal HK day with a normal HK 10k haze with a base at 5100', or what about into LA? As you should know, a vis app is pretty much an Australian and US (dom) thing.

Let me know when you're down to 4 handling sectors per month with constant BOC and you'll accept the minimum requirement on everything!

Complylot,

Your age (24) shows, as does your immaturity. I doubt you have anywhere near the experience needed to comment on something you haven't done.

Fishbowl,

Another no nothing commenting about something he's not anywhere close to even doing. Ask any airline pilot who hasn't flown a lighty how he'd go in a cessna. A d***h*** comment.

Biatch,

Way to miss the point, since when did any of them say they couldn't or wouldn't land on a short rwy if it was the only option. It is risk mitigation if the circumstances are right.

Some here don't seem to understand the difference between tiredness and fatigue and for those who haven't done a lot of flying where BOC is like 60-70% of your flying you are tired most of the time.

WAGM,

Quote:
Personally I often felt more rested after a 16 hour flight than 4 or 5 domestic sectors on an 11+ hour day in a noisy "light twin" as some like to call it.

What, a 16 hr day trip starting at 8.00am, sure. A 16 hr duty starting at 9.00pm and I'd likely call you a liar, stupid or delusional as to your true "conscious" state. Btw, that type of flying is likely to make up to 50-60% of their flying and for HK based crew 60-70% as it would for ME crew, mostly late evening S/Ons and 6-7.00am S/offs with time zone changes of 16 hrs.

Btw, when next your operator DEMANDS you start to take min fuel DON'T argue, remember it's legal!