PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Gaining An R.A.F Pilots Brevet In WW II
View Single Post
Old 26th Jan 2015, 09:45
Chugalug2

Received 228 Likes on 71 Posts
Danny, my turn now to thank you for a link. What a feast! One is left in open mouthed admiration for everyone that was involved in bringing these beautiful aircraft to full airworthy condition again. Thousands of hours of dedicated restoration by skilled and experienced professionals (and the bottomless pit of money needed to do so!) lay behind these amazing sights and sounds. I congratulate them all.

No doubt there are those who will cavil at some detail of the final finish, be it of colour, pattern, markings, etc. I say that because it is the same in railway preservation. We might have restored a Victorian carriage which had spent far more time being somebody's home rather than as a public transport vehicle and, having repaired and restored it from the bottom sides upwards to full running condition again, be told that the font of the sign writing, or the style of the interior scumbling, was inappropriate for some theoretical reason. My reply echo's Mrs Thatcher's; rejoice at that news and congratulate all that have been involved in saving these rare artifacts of our national heritage!