PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Turkish Airlines - THY Recruitment (Merged)
Old 26th Jan 2015, 08:56
daytonapilot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am a F/O on 330 Fleet for the last 3.5 years and my experience is good so far with TK. I was on 320 fleet for a year and got upgraded. I will break it down here and if you have any questions u can pm.. I wont waste my time arguing with the folks who had a bad experience on Turkish and cant get it over with for the last 2 years

* 75 to 85 HR each month 2 or 3 ER's (Mostly 2 ER's) and 2 or 3 mid-range flights never had more than 6 flight duties per month for the last 18 months.
* Best roster you can get on 777. Usually 3 flights a month.
* I get 8 days off when i ask however i do not request it every month.
* Since January 2015, my basic salary is 15' 200TL and every 4 months i get paid app x. 7500TL bonus.
* Overtime pay is about 170TL per block hour after 70hrs.
* I receive plus or minus 500TL for transportation each month.
* If i fly on Sunday there is additional 400TL for each Sunday you fly. Which i do twice or sometimes triple times a month.
* Layover hotels are very nice %95 of the time. Except in few countries such as Lagos. But, i really dont care since you dont go there every month.
* Layover allowance is 52 USD per day in most countries. However, for flights into Japan it is about 110 USD. If your layover is in Europe it is paid in Euro.
* Private health insurance is paid by the company. Only 20% copay required for doctor visits which is about 30TL in most cases. I only used it 3 times in last 4.5 years and pretty happy with it.
* Staff travel is very good, ZED fares with almost 120 different carriers, two confirmed tickets for expats, and since last few months we have unlimited standby ticket on TK with very low fares. This month i went to usa fırst time on a standby ticket for 200 USD round trip. I am a big time traveler, never had any problems. %95 of the time i go business even though my ticket is economy.
*You can be anywhere in europe in max 5 hrs if your home is next to the ocean. Most Europe destinations are served two or three times a day.
*Accommodation wise; I purchased my own flat and furniture in Asian part of the city where things are better. Some expat guys share apartments and pay high rent prices. Well if you are lazy enough to live little bit away from the airport than you deserve to pay high rent prices.
* Transportation is no problem since i take subway most of the time. Sometimes i drive my own car depending on my flight duty. Most ER flight leave either very early or very late and never struggled in the traffic up until now.
* Simulators are relaxed and if you do ur studying its good enough.
* People are very friendly, You will be doing much better if you want to learn about the culture and people.

Overall, for a new and an experienced F/O Turkish airlines is a good place to be. Pay is good, close to Europe, on wide body u can get days off and commute, relaxed atmosphere. Now after the new memo u can get upgraded if you have a high school diploma also but with 6000 hrs logged. If you have 4 year degree than its 4500hr. Turkish airlines and turkey is tricky at the beginning but if you do your research and play it smart and ask your way out, than its very layed back. If you make things problem for yourself than it will come back to you.. Just relax, enjoy life besides flying, don't waste time with every small detail's and rest will all fall down. With that happy note, have a nice week and safe flying folks..