PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Request vs Require.
View Single Post
Old 26th Jan 2015, 07:40
WAGM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Back to the first question!

I REQUIRE the longer runway. ( if there is a choice available )
ACMS, sorry to quote you in particular, but that sums up my starting the thread.

You may correctly use professional discretion when you REQUIRE a certain runway but where is that line and how do we deal with certain airlines simply not understanding a difference in terminology but by lack of experience or training they subsequently gain a commercial advantage through lack of basic ability.

The question was intended for a broad response in the first instance, not just how one crew may chose to operates on the day if they are caught out fatigued after a long duty.
BTW I don't believe after a long duty you should be fatigue, if your operator is professional enough to put in place correct mitigators.
Fortunately I can sleep well on board having faith in the other crew and sleeping before call having normally been accommodated in appropriate accommodation.

I understand not all days are like this, hence this is a generic question.

Personally I often felt more rested after a 16 hour flight than 4 or 5 domestic sectors on an 11+ hour day in a noisy "light twin" as some like to call it.