PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Asia Indonesia Lost Contact from Surabaya to Singapore
Old 26th Jan 2015, 07:04
humbleppl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
recovery from extreme situations

Last week I expressed my humble opinion about the "inability" of professional pilots flying advanced aircraft (Bus/ Boeing) to recover from a stall or spin... And I did not mean you were to silly to do it!!! I still have the greatest respect for you.
I got serious beating by a few guys here and; accused of having no idea what I am talking about and the mods taking my posts offline... It is correct, I had no idea that the advanced a/c can basically not be recovered; and that surprised and worried me a lot. Now, a few days later, the same professionals debate about how this should be possible, should be trained, etc. You even add another perspective, that an airbus can't be hand flown in an instant (when the pilot decides to), but requires quite extensive elaboration and switches..., something impossible in an emergency situation.
Previous "professional" statements like "better don't get into such situation" or "I know how to avoid a stall" or "the aircraft can't stall" are all very obviously incorrect. Both AF and Air Asia crashes involved a stall...
"Happy" at least that my "PPL view" of last week is now shared by a lot of professional drivers as well...