PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Crash Investigation - New Series 9pm Mondays, National Geographic
Old 25th Jan 2015, 21:20
MidlandDeltic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
IMHO, the "Mayday"/"Air Disasters" series are far better done and less sensationalistic than the series. I've seen a few where I had first hand knowledge of the incident/accident in question (e.g. Gimli Glider) and had no issues with what was presented (not always the case in the other series).
I have to agree with that. Seconds From Disaster tries to inject false jeopardy and hype (and tends to repeat the story two or three times during the programme) whereas Aircrash / Mayday tends to be more factual and rely on the intrinsic drama of the circumstances. Without going for stereotypes, maybe it is because Aircrash is Canadian, and SFD is US produced.

I think you could be right on that, L1649, but it still seems strange to go to the expense of making a documentary about something that has already been covered.
Different producers - or do you suggest in another field that because Boeing produce a 150 seater narrowbody no-one else needs to?