PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Global Aviation Magazine : 60 Years of the Hercules
Old 25th Jan 2015, 19:23
smujsmith

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Kilwhang,

Didn't Dougie M wear well. I have several good pictures of the man himself, on a route I shared with him, many years after your experience (8 - 20 Oct 94). By then he had given up strippers, and confined himself to trekking in the Jungles of Borneo with the hash house harriers (as a means of acquiring a beer or three). It's also worthy of note that your photograph, in 77 was only three years after we parted company as fellow Jnr Techs at Akrotiri, I was still struggling to become a Cpl. Good photo though. Now, we need Gopher 01 to tell us who your two GEs were, certainly his era, he's an old gentleman you know. I wonder also if you ever shared a trip with a certain Al B, our ex Sgt, Hydraulic Bay, who I believe was the S&D GE around your time. Keep the pictures coming, I for one can't get enough of the light stone/Dark earth finish.

DC Thumb, do you have a year for that "Mogadishu" Jobby ? Could it have been the lift in to Kigale (July/August 94) through Dar Es Salaam ? It has memories for me. With your description of an early return to UK, it sounds very similar to the Kigale job.

Smudge

Last edited by smujsmith; 25th Jan 2015 at 19:42. Reason: Simply to add some extra banter !