PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Let's stand up AGAINST P2F. Sign the petition.
Old 25th Jan 2015, 19:01
Will Swinburn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi P40.

To give you some background. I fly for an airline and have a business in the flight training industry. I started the business because I'm very passionate about strengthening the bridge between flight training and commercial aviation. If you have a deep passion for something, it's very easy to channel the resultant energy in the wrong direction. In my opinion, that's what you've done.

I agree with you, on a very basic level. P2F isn't good. But you tend to come across as a bit of an extremist or live wire. If you really are as passionate as you claim to be, convert that energy to something positive. Think about how anybody could realistically stop this practice? You speak of illegalities in Australia, well investigate that, properly, be analytical and try to utilise what you learn.

Consider who is motivated to stop such practices and why? Seek their assistance. You mentioned airlines who pro-actively discriminate against students who have gone through the P2F route. Whilst I question the reality of this, I urge you to contact those recruiters and see if they have any motivation to help you in your quest.

Channeling your energy on here probably isn't that smart. Are you trying to capture those going into training? Look at the advertising section of pprune, is this the demographic you're hoping to appeal to?

I have to get back to helping graduates get jobs now. I applaud your cause and wish you success but if you continue ranting, you risk coming across as bitter, not someone who is actually trying to make serious headway on a worthwhile cause.