PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Asia Indonesia Lost Contact from Surabaya to Singapore
Old 25th Jan 2015, 18:25
Leightman 957

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Video link

>@md80fanatic there is a YouTube video shown from the perspective of on the boat.

Video link please. I'm not finding it. I can't imagine there was any real confidence that given previous video of the fuselage that it could be raised intact as there was no apparent remaining structural integrity.

Also, all the short fuselage video I have seen is the same shot, showing the right wing generally in place, but the left wing is not merely by low visibility with a distended fuselage section where the wing could be expected. Is there any other video or photos that clearly show that the left wing is absent?

Given the buoyancy of the vertical stab, the tail could clearly have drifted some distance given the current strength. I have assumed for the present that the fdr/cvr would have been found close to the impact site if they were torn out on initial impact. I too am puzzled that the recorders were found "under the wing. I realize "the wing" could have been in initially misidentified, but the number of divers during the late fdr search and in proximity to the recovery of the fdr and cvr makes it less likely that the HStab would be mistaken for a wing. We had an initial plot of the debris field but I have not seen an update. The absence so far of the relative positions of the fdr "wing", center fuselage section, cockpit and any other major components is frustrating given the time since their discoveries. Any links to debris location plots would be appreciated.

RE BG47, has a cargo manifest been published?

Last edited by Leightman 957; 25th Jan 2015 at 18:26. Reason: cargo manifest