PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CFI Renewal - for those residing outside the US
Old 25th Jan 2015, 14:16
Transsonic2000

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I used to renew my CFI with American Flyers as well, but as already mentioned, getting the paperwork notarized was a bit inconvenient, especially if you live outside the US. I must say I'm absolutely happy with AceCFI not only because of the online "paperwork" service (which actually means "paperless" its all done online, which means no trip to the embassy or notary) but I also have the impression that the course is less extensive as the one of American Flyers. The course of AF includes some additional stuff (e.g. videos etc.) which is a nice addition to the course, but not really relevant in terms of FRIC requirements. With AceCFI it's possible to get your CFI renewed in as little as a week, meaning form getting started until you receive your temporary CFI certificate via Email (even if you're outside the US, provided you study every evening). If you are really fast you can probably do it in less time, but that would mean studying all day.

Last edited by Transsonic2000; 25th Jan 2015 at 14:49.