PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Operate VH-reg Yak in Europe
View Single Post
Old 25th Jan 2015, 09:41
maehhh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
LeadSlep,

thanks again for your input.

As I have tried to explain, under normal circumstances, an Australian Experimental or Limited certificate is not valid outside Australia, without the express permission of the national aviation authority(s) involved.
I understand that that I need a permission from the local NAA to (privately) operate a VH-limited in their airspace, however this permission is regularly granted for a lot of N-reg experimental-exhibition aircraft over here. No costs involved, permission is valid for one year and can be renewed afterwards. Based on this I would expect that obtaining such a permission will be possible for a VH-limited too.

The $$$ cost of either of the above would be frightening -- unless money doesn't matter.
Please help me out and give me a hint what exactly makes it cost prohibitive if in fact maintenance is not the major issue.

The cheapest option, if you are determined to be an owner of such an aircraft, is to acquire one in EU, then sell it or bring it home after your stint in Europe is finished.
This is certainly my preferred option! However costs involved to get this specific aircraft on a European register will be around 35k AUD + a lot of bureaucratic hurdles to jump through due to a mandatory SB exclusive to EASA-land. I'd be willing to invest this money however getting ones hands on the required modification kit is very very difficult at the moment. So I am not exactly sure if it really is the cheapest option.

Cheers
maehhh