PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flybe Wings 2015
View Single Post
Old 25th Jan 2015, 07:57
average-punter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2 Whites 2 Reds

An excellent post. I know the first CTC group made it through without being laid off, I'm not sure about FTE.

CTC / OAA / FTE et al are all businesses first and foremost. Never forget that and in their never ending quest to be the school with the most airline logo's all over their brochures and website means that, in reality, they hold no loyalty to you as the customer (a word that doesn't get used much if at all by these FTO's). Their main goal is to keep the airline happy. You are just another piggy entering the sausage machine. Sad but true!
+1

You are most certainly just a number

Sorry OK, I probably sound like a miserable . I'm not, I've just been through it all and now see these companies for what they are. However in terms of the end game, you could do a lot worse than FlyBe! Good company and a good job (from what I hear). Last time I had any dealings with the HR / Recruitment people I was thoroughly impressesed. Which is definitely not the norm for airline HR!
I also agree with you. I had a very positive experience with the pilot recruitment team. It was a great interview format and the pilot recruitment manager who may initially seem fierce totally put me at ease and was extremely friendly. I ran into her by chance a year or two later, she remembered me and we had a very pleasant chat. I got a great impression of Flybe.