PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Request vs Require.
View Single Post
Old 25th Jan 2015, 01:10
framer

Received 479 Likes on 129 Posts
FFS, where else but Australia, the land of the pedant, 6 f,,,,,,, pages on REQUIRE/REQUEST. This place has gone to the dogs.
It certainly feels that way. If they say they want it, give it to them, if they don't say anything, shuffle them around as you see fit. Simple.
I'm not sure it's ever made me require an ILS on a CAVOK day though. My logic being that if I can't function and do a visual approach on a day such as you describe then I probably shouldn't be there to start off with.
Everyone will have their own way of managing risk though Keg as I'm sure you'l appreciate. Some folk may think to themselves " hmmm, I've never flown an aircraft without an autopilot in my whole career, I'm not that familiar with this place, my airline will sack me if the Foqa gets carried away, I'd lose the house if that happened, my sim training is a joke, I wish I had three sessions a year like Keg instead of two , geez these Ausi controllers speak fast......stuff it, I'll go the ILS and that way if we get a non normal I'll be in a slightly better place to manage it.
I don't think like that because I am fortunate enough to have flown airliners day in day out without an a/p for years and also have benefitted from excellent training systems, but I would understand if some folk did.