PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Asia Indonesia Lost Contact from Surabaya to Singapore
Old 24th Jan 2015, 23:23
Sop_Monkey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Basics

I have been more than a little concerned for many years now we are getting away from the basics in stick and rudder skills. For example i came across an advertisement recently for a Piper cub pilot but the candidate needed a collage degree to be eligible to apply for this position. Can anyone here inform me WTF a college degree has anything to do with stick and rudder skills?? I have known young people who were natural pilots and never had to think about control inputs for example. They were able to do it naturally. Now these people I know for a fact have been over looked because of lack of "academic achievement". This is part of the problem we are facing today with the basics.

Now DA with the avionics they use "easy" I think it's termed, require a whole new type rating for an "easy" avionics fit. Where, God give me strength, is the simplicity in that?? Sorry but i call BS on this. We seem not to be flying the air frame anymore, but the automatics. This does and has scared me for a long time now. WTF ever happened to K.I.S.S?