PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Let's stand up AGAINST P2F. Sign the petition.
Old 24th Jan 2015, 15:27
P40Warhawk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There are some countries in the world where you not wish to be.
And what I meant with country I meant also the bad Terms and Conditions.

I did my training in BAA. The Ab Initio training was all pretty good as far as I have experienced. But yes they also offer P2F programs. Heard about 70K for TR plus LT. I dont like that too about BAA. My training was not even over and one lady at reception was asking me which TR I would choose to do after ab initio training. I said to her. I do that one which my employer chooses me to do and pays for my training.
They offered me also 2 P2F programs after graduation. I said NO to it.

Yes of course you need to have skills, but flying itself is not the only part of being a pilot. Its also about how is your mental capacity. Also in emergency situation. How can you deal with the workload? Can you make decisions in difficult situations?

Recruiters from airlines in EU I am talking about. I cannot tell which ones. But I know something is moving a bit.

In the Airline I work for it happens quit regularly. Upgrades from FA to FO. So I bet on that. I give it some time. It is a good airline to work for with good terms and conditions for its pilots, so its worth the waiting. The future will tell if that was the right gamble.Maybe it pays off or Maybe it never will, but at least I have tried it. But I wont gamble with money in the hope I get better job after P2F. 500 hours on Type is nice, but then you are still competing with many with same TR with 1000's of hours. Why would they take you with 500 hours instead of that HIGHLY experienced other FO with 1000's hours. Only reason which they might take in consideration is MAYBE the pay scale . So again JOBLESS with another 70K minus , plus the debt you already had from initial training.

I am not from Lithuania. I am from the Netherlands.

I keep fighting against it, and will NOT give in to it.
You can say I am naive , or stupid, but its my choice. I also think about my career. Treat others how you would like to get treated yourself.