PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Let's stand up AGAINST P2F. Sign the petition.
Old 24th Jan 2015, 14:58
J74

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
P40Warhawk

I agree with you against the P2f scheme but I'd like just to discuss some of your points with some of my ideas.
Besides that is if I understood correctly, you are from Lithuania, ironically where present the BAA, the biggest hungry system looking people to come and pay TR and LT, one of the bigger aviation cancer centred there!

Yes some recruiters dont give a damn about how you obtained your experience, but I heard also more and more recruiters from respectable airlines who seriously not even consider boys and girls who have done P2F. And that comes finally MORE and MORE.
I don't think so, even if I would like to dream that,but if you know , please let me know and write here the names of these companies at least peoples know fact and start to be "afraid" to get involved in these programs.

How do you like it when you got a job with your experience already under your belt, and then you company decides to change course and says,, hey what the hell?
In my experience and what i saw around, believe me your point is valid just for very few companies...believe me, no company fire a valid experience pilot to be replaced with an incompetent pilot. These seats are pre-allocated..
Not all P2f are incompetent....mostly have to pass some real screenings process, and if not you'll be kicked out after a bit if your performance is bad in the simulator or during first flights check!
Look, I don't think Captains like to do the double job and be vigilant all the the time!

And maybe have to work in some country somewhere in the world, where the conditions to live and work are horrible.
Why you are so discriminant versus some countries? anyway I would like to know which are these countries you referred to...
And remember in your point of view, I'm sure i'm working in a " country" but this country believe me give me a respectful contract and they respect pilot position.

Because obtaining your F ATPL is not super hard. Just asks some studying. Also learning to fly is not super hard. As long as you are not retarted and have a bit of hand eye coordination you can obtain your licenses.
Again I disagree with you...
-Atpl subject of course you can memorize the questions, bt then you will do the double work if you land in a job.
-is not some study, oh well depends on how you interpret the verb "to study"
is 14 subject, full of stuff!
Fly is hard...if it wasn't every one could make it, in real just few make it!
and I'm not speaking about medical req. ect....but still lot of pilot, experienced not passing the SIM....so please be more respectful with your words to our and your future profession if you want to do it.
We don't have to degrade everything!
Flying is a skill and require lot of skills!