PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Staffing levels
Thread: Staffing levels
View Single Post
Old 24th Jan 2015, 11:26
Melchett01

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Which is a shock if you cop it, but not a world ender by any means. Embrace it, if it comes.
Might be more of a problem for the country when you can't carry out the political direction because you've chopped the leadership and experience required not only to lead fighting units, but also to plan, sustain, direct and develop.

A lot of the comments in the Grad are interesting in the impression many civilians have of the senior officers in the military-lots of talk of old men, sitting in rooms, flying desks with swords attached, sumptuous messes, kids at top schools.....and so forth.
Because most of the comments of this type, regardless of newspaper, are made by ill-informed arm chair generals that think because they've watched Zulu, A Bridge Too Far and the annual repeat of Dad's Army, they are qualified to shape and run the nation's defences. A belief only compounded by a 21st century sense of self entitlement that I pay my taxes and therefore DEMAND that my opinion is listened to and implemented. There are things my taxes go towards that I'm not overly happy about, but as taxes are the price we pay for membership of the club, then you have to accept these things.

Last edited by Melchett01; 24th Jan 2015 at 12:50. Reason: After thought