PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Request vs Require.
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jan 2015, 23:16
Beer Baron

Received 158 Likes on 51 Posts
ACMS, swh, you don't need to explain anything to me over and over again.
You will see from my first post I never mentioned MEL 27, I clearly made reference to the SYD parallel runways. MEL 27 is a different issue and I fully understand not wanting to land on a short RWY with a tailwind when a long into-wind RWY is available. And there are not the other beneficial factors that perhaps cloud some pilots decision making, (I'm not saying yours). Those being a reduced track miles and taxi time and their associated benefits.
And I certainly never suggested CX were guilty of this behaviour. In fact in my experience I have observed CX crew operating as consummate professionals at all times.

And Rex havoc, as the performance course is a pain and not an issue I can be bothered delving too far into I won't get too technical. Suffice to say that I am sure you will find that the margin (let's call it a safety margin) to the and of the runway will be reduced in your accelerate stop distance or the screen height you would achieve at the end of the runway would be lower if you use the intersection.
Yes it's safe, yes it's legal but the margin is reduced.