PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF 447 Thread No. 12
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jan 2015, 10:40
TC-DCA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@gums

Thanks for the answer, but I dont have a real answer to my question it s a little complicated.

So as I said, is that true that in the case of AF 447, EVEN if the stick was at NEUTRAL position AFTER the beginning of the stall by the PF, the aircraft would have maintained elevators AT FULL NOSE UP to maintain 1G as it's Airbus rule, and with stick FULL FWD, the elevators will be also in nose up but in half nose up position. True ? If thats true, I think itīll be stupid !

Can anyone explain this ?

Especially the Airbus Load Factor 1g demand, itīs horrific to hear that the plane computers demand full nose up in a stall by itself, with neutral stick, it wouldnt be the same with a conventional plane.

So it'll be impossible to recover the aircraft even with full fwd stick, also aggravated by the THS that was at FULL NOSE UP due to pilot actions. True ?

I don't understand exactly this function on Airbus FBW, as it's not detailled in the manuals of the aircraft, anyone to answer this Load Factor with this 1g, what is the link between 1g rule and elevators ?

Thanks !