PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Request vs Require.
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jan 2015, 09:35
ACMS

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
Ok fair enough, it's been 30 years since ATPL in Oz but now you jog my memory 1.67 does sound familiar.

Our mob use a safety factor of 15% on top of the distance for in flight calculations from the Airbus approved QRH tables simply because we are not test Pilots operating in a test environment day to day after flying all night with no sleep.

I used the Airbus Fly smart App which also adds 15%

I can also use the ACARS landing data request function as well which also includes 15%

In an emergency we can ignore the 15% if the commander wishes.

From our FCOM Perf section:--

IN-FLIGHT LANDING DISTANCE The flight crew should use the Landing Distances published in the QRH as the reference for In-Flight landing performance computation. The In-Flight Landing Distances reflect the performance achievable in a typical operational landing without margin, assuming realistic airborne phase from threshold to touchdown and deceleration on ground to full stop. The In-Flight Landing Distances consider: ‐ Touchdown within the touchdown zone ‐ Maximum manual braking initiated immediately after main gear touchdown ‐ Normal system delays in braking activation in case of autobrake ‐ Prompt selection of max reverse thrust, maintained to 70kt, and idle thrust to full stop (when credit is used) ‐ Antiskid and all spoilers operative.