PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flybe Wings 2015
View Single Post
Old 23rd Jan 2015, 06:29
2 Whites 2 Reds

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
As I said OK, my comments are not intended to dissuade you from persuing a career sat at the pointy end. It would be somewhat hypocritical of me to do anything of the sort but before throwing the kitchen sink at this career you need to be aware of what you're entering in to. Don't underestimate the volume and severity of compromises that you will be asked and indeed expected to make. While life is full of compromises, I've been shocked at the expectation by airlines for us to uproot our lives, take a lower salary, work longer hours and accept ridiculous leave systems at the drop of a hat. These aren't minor considerations and all of which will have enormous ramifications on your home life, social life and overall health if you don't manage it. I've never been in any job that's required "Managing" let alone on such a grand scale. Luckily I have a very supportive Wife but to be honest for every major compromise I'm asked to make I fall out of love with flying a little bit more. The only thing that counters these compromises is earning reasonable (although not great) money. This is the only tangeable thing that I can use to justify the compromises to Mrs 2W2R. There's more to life than money and as mentioned in my previous post, the rewards you'll get from flying will be more than purely financial. However, we go to work to earn a living and this, more so than any other job I know of, is a business relationship where you will be treated as a number and dropped like a stone when you are no longer required or affordable. The least you should expect in return for the endless compromises and so on it a reasonable standard of living. It's just a job!

Last edited by 2 Whites 2 Reds; 23rd Jan 2015 at 06:42. Reason: Spelling and one more thing...