PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Business Aviation Asia (BAA)
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jan 2015, 18:24
Request Progressive

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Word from the current Minsheng guys I've heard is that they are being given a BAA-quality contract to sign; take it or leave it. I've been told they're keeping their pay, but stuck with all BAA vacation time and work rules, which were markedly worse than the Minsheng contract. The news has pissed a lot of people off - Minsheng guys who were given a rather vicious bait-and-switch, and BAA guys who were hanging on for an upgrade to the Minsheng contract after the merge. Resignation rates have increased accordingly.

The fact of the matter is, BAA lacks the kind of foresight, flexibility and basic intelligence to allow its pilots the kind of freedom that Minsheng pilots were promised. If two weeks at home every six months is not acceptable, this is not the place to be. It'll be interesting to see what the former Minsheng-contracted employees will do, as their new overlords have unilaterally voided their agreements. For those still interested in staying, my previous gripes about conditions at BAA still stand, trending worse as time goes on.