PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flybe Wings 2015
View Single Post
Old 22nd Jan 2015, 14:09
Officer Kite

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Interesting perspective 2 whites 2 reds, it's always great to hear from people on the other side of the fence. Don't get me wrong, while I do realise the importance of the salary side of things and how much more I will value it as I progress in the career (provided I'm successful that is), what I meant was that as a five year old begging my parents to take me up to the viewing deck at heathrow, or as a 9 year old getting my hands on my first flight sim game, money has never been at the centre of my desire to be a pilot, it's just one of the bonuses for me right now. I have no doubt that will change as things progress !

On a somewhat separate note ...

Another reason I said it was to clarify that I'm not being snobbish as so many of us wannabes get accused of by older people. People who think that we think we're too good to fly a tp, that certainly is not the case for me anyway (I would actually love the challenge of a turboprop). However this Flybe scheme and the dash 8 is a one way road with a dead end not too far down the line if you ask me, hence why I'll be avoiding.