PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Request vs Require.
View Single Post
Old 21st Jan 2015, 23:04
ACMS

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts
Beer baron:---

I think you numbers with regards to factoring need looking at, you've obviously used a much higher factor.. ( 1169 m to get 1951 m you've used a factor of nearly 70% !!! )

Our mob use 15% on top of the figure and my numbers included that amount only. Also I used a typical landing weight of 175 T, dry runway, medium autobrake, no reverse and nil wind. So the answer would have been close to actual achieved with only 300m excess ( yes I know there is that safety factor )

As I said, I make my operational decision on the day considering ALL factors including crew fatigue and body clock.

If there is a strong crosswind, wet runway, heavy weight, tired crew then the use of the longest into wind runway is a no brainer...

Have I used 27 in YMML? Yes probably around 20% of the time when it was the duty landing runway.

I'm happy with my decision and can confidently back it up on the day as safe and acceptable.

And I'll say it again in capitals for you lot just to make it crystal clear, WE DO NOT REQUIRE THE LONG RUNWAY TO EXPEDITE OUR ARRIVAL OR SAVE FUEL...

Last edited by ACMS; 21st Jan 2015 at 23:20.