PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flybe Wings 2015
View Single Post
Old 21st Jan 2015, 16:47
six-sixty

Location: European Administrative Area (Western District and Islands)
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There are very many people who have used Flybe as a great entry point into the industry, but there are fewer and fewer each year. Guys and gals used to be snapped up by the charters etc after a good few 000 hrs wrestling the beast of a TP that the Dash is but the emphasis has moved right away from experience and to cadets as they are cheaper. Combined with this Internally the emphasis is on the TP as the strategic type of choice over the jet, Flybe is increasingly becoming a one way career dead end for anyone with ambitions to get off props and by definition increase their quality of lifestyle and pay.

Admittedly there are a few places in the ME etc which have allowed Dash drivers to move on by accepting their experience and that may continue but in the UK if your first job isn't on a Boeing or a Bus then unless you can get through BA's astronaut selection (and before you ask no I couldn't) you will be chasing the very few "opportunities" to buy yourself a second officer position with the likes of EZ or a part time contract with Jet2. That's after all the financial hardship you already went through...

I hope I'm not coming across as disrespecting the company because I'm not and they pay my mortgage, but go into it knowing exactly where you want to end up because if it is on a medium jet or above, you will have a fight on your hands