PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Economy to Mumbai from UK
View Single Post
Old 21st Jan 2015, 16:29
Andy_S

Received 64 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by Hotel Tango
I personally would opt for Qatar via DOH. Only because I would rate DOH easier for transfers.
Easier than what? LHR and CDG maybe, but Doha is NOT the best of transfer experiences either.

Unless they've opened the new airport, and I don't believe they have, all aircraft are parked on stand and you will be bused to and from a temporary and rather functional terminal building. The whole process can be chaotic, and some of the transfer times are very tight indeed which can make for a rather stressful experience. Qatar airways have a pretty good economy product, although I can only vouch for the 777 (I think MAN is served by the A330).

You could do worse than Emirates, although the transfer experience at Dubai can be a lottery, with aircraft parking both on stand or at one of two separate terminals. Having said that, if you're on 380's all the way, you've got a far better chance of arriving and departing from the same terminal, in which case it's straightforward.

Abu Dhabi IMO is the easiest for transfers, although again some aircraft park on stand, and I (personally) find their economy product overrated.

Good luck.