PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Flybe Wings 2015
View Single Post
Old 21st Jan 2015, 15:04
BaronVonBarnstormer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Whichever way you choose it's going to cost you a serious amount of cash, there are no free ways into this industry anymore and this scheme is a genuine attempt to give the cadet a leg up and start in the industry at a reduced initial cost outlay.
I totally agree. However sometimes in life you have to be realistic. If Flybe FOs earned even what EZY FOs did then this scheme would make a whole lot more sense.

The only way this adds up to me is if you can get your hands on £70K interest free, which means making some big sad eyes at mummy and daddy to get them to buy you a job.

Living on just circa £750/ month has serious implications; you want to save to buy a house? Forget it. You want to take your SO on holiday? Fat chance. Want to upgrade from your crummy Yaris? Dream on sonny boy. Want to fix the broken boiler? HAHAHA your'e having laugh mate.

And god help you if you get a LCY basing. THE cheapest flat I could find in that area with a quick search was £500pcm.

I'm sat here comparing the quality of life I would have if I was successful through this scheme and the life i could have doing what I do now. Even though my job is boring the deal just doesn't add up for me. Yes I would love the job flying, i'd chop off my left to get in to the right hand seat but am I willing to prostitute myself to some at BBVA for the chance to do it? No.

Rant over. I'm off to ask daddy for £70k

Last edited by BaronVonBarnstormer; 21st Jan 2015 at 15:28. Reason: I cant spel