PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 21st century instrumentation
View Single Post
Old 20th Jan 2015, 22:03
BARKINGMAD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
grounded27,

I'm trying to make the same point but in different words, but I get the impression we are breaking wind in competition with thunder??!!

I don't know the status of most of the posters on this topic, a lot must be "simmers" or trolls or it depresses me seriously to think that some of the posted is serious comment from experienced aircraft operators, who used to be known as pilots.

On my transition from military to civilian aviation 28 years ago, I recall being lambasted by the TC in the sim as I converted my brain from basic B&W artificial horizon instrument flying and was forced to slave myself to "the bars", even though I was FLYING the beast to the required accuracy. That type of TRTO conversion instruction is obviously not a new phenomenon, but fiddling with & following the APFDS system seemed to be an over-riding priority for that fleet chief trainer and others since then .

Others on these forums have and are calling for more BASIC flying as part of type conversion courses, but TCs have to follow whatever menu has been prescribed by the relevant xAA and Company.

Yet again a deafening silence from the AAs on this topic, presumably they need something like another few accidents and some media pressure before they will change their tune?