PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - 21st century instrumentation
View Single Post
Old 20th Jan 2015, 19:55
BARKINGMAD

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cut&Pasted from my posting in the AirAsia thread.

Old CFS dictum for Straight & Level 1 and subsequent flying lessons;

Select (attitude) Hold Adjust

Power (Thrust) Attitude Trim.

What is new in aviation when things are beginning to get out of hand, literally and figuratively? Or has this piece of basic flying training been edited out in favour of Magenta Children easyspeak?

Airbus may have its various Laws, but the Laws of Physics and Energy Management were applicable and immutable long before Alphonse and colleagues decided to make 'their' aircraft allegedly foolproof.

It is early days but if this accident resembles/mirrors/copies AF447, then what are the civil aviation training regimes doing/are going to do about the tendency for LOC at altitude, assuming AirAsia still had wings and stabiliser attached for the use of the crew??!!

I note a stunning lack of response, beyond one admission, to my request for reports from those who've actually handled their craft at high masses at max altitude.

Probably this specific topic belongs as a separate thread under Tech Log, but I'm still concerned at the lack of reports either way.

Tin hat donned in anticipation........................

Why are so many on this forum obsessed with new shiny hardware solutions which will not be fitted to ALL airframes til long after the next few high-altitude LOC accidents?