PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Norfolk Island Ditching ATSB Report - ?
View Single Post
Old 20th Jan 2015, 17:20
Sunfish

Received 90 Likes on 33 Posts
I am intrigued that the Board of Pel Airs Owners appear to include as Directors:

(1) A former Aviation Minister.

(2) A current member of the Administrative Appeals Tribunal.

I am also intrigued that Pel AIrs owners appear to have allegedly made massive political donations to both sides of Federal politics shortly after the Pel Air ditching and have never done so on this scale before or since.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/busi...3816c0c9ee851e

I am also intrigued that the report on the Pel Air ditching has been acknowledged as one sided and unfair in that it apparently glossed over the failings of Pel Air management and that CASA and ATSB cooperated in the " fitting up" of the pilot as solely responsible for the incident. Exactly why the ATSB and CASA chose to do this is still a mystery to me.

I am also intrigued that the person who allegedly high level managed the production of the report is also apparently involved in the management of the Senate forced "review" of it - which could hardly be called "independent" by any standards I am aware of.

Could I perhaps be forgiven for wondering if there might be linkages of some sort between all these matters or are they purely coincidental?

If these matters had occurred at a State Level in perhaps Queensland or NSW, would those States Independent Commissions against corruption be interested in casting an eye over them?

...Or am I reading too much into this?

Last edited by Sunfish; 20th Jan 2015 at 17:38.