PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - RIAT SuperEarlyBird Tickets from £26
View Single Post
Old 20th Jan 2015, 09:44
chopper2004

Received 101 Likes on 54 Posts
Same as last year, Reds special on the Friday....good to get in the 'pit' and see all Trecce Fricoleri, Patrouille de Suisse and Reds, downside was that the rest of the static display was off limits, as a/c still arriving.

Was in the Pimms tent the next day, drinking a pitcher and enjoying the good food and take off pattern but never quite made it to see the rest of the static display....

TBH, am hoping for a return of more US mil stuff this year I hope...

RIAT unfortunately has kind of gone downhill with variety, and themes....yes I know it cannot be helped what with the invited countries do not respond or decline (everywhere on the planet bar NK, Afghanistan, Iran or Iraq) but every year one can predict who is bringing what as it has been pretty much the same for the last 10 years.

2012 was a good year cos of the B-2 appearance MV-22B pair and flying display albeit it was not as half as good as Farnborough the next day....

I used to wake up in the wee hours much to my other half's disgruntlement about being woken up early, to go x country and attend RIAT, buy a ticket at gate or dump my chariot in Swindon and pay for entry ticket and return bus fare on the courtesy bus. No more sadly with the need to buy tickets in advance before they sell out.

Cheers