PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - More part 61 madness
View Single Post
Old 20th Jan 2015, 02:51
Aussie Bob

Received 25 Likes on 13 Posts
Then after a full month, today I get an email from CASA saying they cannot progress my request until I upgrade to a part 61 licence - which currently takes how long??? and costs how much???
So sorry to hear this Akro, but .... the issue should take around three weeks and the cost should be zero. I actually used the "licence reprint" Form 61-9R to get mine and filled out the fee page but was charged nothing. I did include a very brief letter stating why I needed a Part 61 now. The problem you now face is the paperwork and necessary "approved" person endorsements if you are in Thailand.

Why are we slower, more bureaucratic, less efficient and more expensive than countries like Thailand? Which of us is the third world country?
Because the general population is too stupid and brainwashed to collectively say NO WAY!

All good but he had recently done something to trigger transition to a Part 61 licence so waiting for that. Told he couldn't fly until he had the flash new Part 61 licence in his hand. Extremely long walk home.
More fool him for believing the CASA dude. Your old licence counts till the new one is issued. I would have waved a birdie and flown off.