PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ex Service Personnel Excel
View Single Post
Old 19th Jan 2015, 18:02
Hangarshuffle

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Some very good points by Anarchy Fan. I'd hate to work somewhere with lots of obvious ex military making out they were better than the rest of the workforce. Sometimes the military makes out it does fantastically difficult work which only it can do well, and that's true to a point, but also civilian sectors do fantastic jobs every day, without the brouhaha.
I've found the actual work ethic of the (non British mind) civilians I work with now about 1000% better than many of the RN matelots I used to work with, there is just simply no comparison, and I find this a refreshing change if I'm truthful. Things just happen so much quicker here and far more reliably out here. But money kicks in with this-we are on good rates and no-one wants to lose their job. Whereas if your a simple scroat stoker on 1.2k a month, who really cares whether you do a good job or not, whether you go or stay?
Another thing I've noticed is I'm no longer bothered or surrounded by dozens of scheming bastards continually trying to get promoted!! This seems to be making things incredibly more easy- everyone is in a set role and position and if you want to get up the next rung its likely you will have to get on the websites and look for a new job elsewhere. Its made a massive difference, that, to the general relatively relaxed happiness of where I am.