PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CTC Wings ATP Scheme (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 19th Jan 2015, 15:14
appfo09

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It couldn't be said better from you guys...Your comments are absolutely true and somebody has to do something to stop these kind of crazy marketing schemes that are only trying to ruin our careers and life.

I also got an offer to join the ACQ course as an outsider candidate because as they said self-sponsoring a TR is not something they recommend and it is a risky project. Of course there are good and negatives to self sponsor a TR.

They do not recommend self funding a type rating unless you have the promise of an airline job including aircraft base training and line training.

None of the airlines they deal with will take on a newly rated self funded pilot with no experience on the type and it can be a very expensive and risky project.

But I cannot just sit waiting in a list until i get a placement with an airline anymore.
This is for me the riskiest part of the whole idea.

With the ACQ course my skills are getting rusted and outdated while waiting for my turn to come.

On the other hand i did my MCC two years back and my skills needed to be refreshed a long time ago. Imagine doing the ACQ and as a non-previously CTC customer having to wait God knows for how long until a finally get a job.

ACQ is not an efficient way and is definitely a no go for me for the reasons explained.

I think, this scheme will end soon and if not it will possibly end up only being available for CTC modular students who have no other options except for paying CTC more money.