PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CTC Wings ATP Scheme (Merged)
View Single Post
Old 19th Jan 2015, 09:37
John Dexter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@ Climb Under Read

- That's all well and good for the cadets, but can any light be shed on those who merely only do the 36hr AQC with all previous training done elsewhere!
- My genuine query is how many AQC candidates get interviews with partner airlines?
Historically speaking (3+years ago) your chances were quite good. Today your chances are nearer to zero. It looks like CTC cannot sell these types of candidates (apparently) to the airlines any more.

In short it is a gamble with the odds stacked heavily against you. If you have the cash to burn I'd say go for it but otherwise stay away. Unless of course you can still do the CTC modular program, those folks are getting interviews.

If you go remember to ask "what about the 90 guys & gals that are going to be flushed from the ATP hold pool to make way for us in the next couple of weeks?, will that also happen to us?" and wait to hear the very well orchestrated answer....it will be learnt verbatim by the sales staff and you will walk away like lemmings saying "wow I must do this program, that's not going to happen to us".

Remember BA, Monarch & easyJet do not take on "non CTC"(i.e. CPL/IR elsewhere apart from OAA & FTE) ATP folks, CTC will say that eJ do but they don't (well according to my contact at eJ they don't anyway, they would simply take from OAA)....so who else is there???

Finally don't get sucked into the "looming pilot shortage", there isn't going to be one, has never been one and will never be one. The industry trains way more pilots than required and has done for many, many years. Check your own CAA stats and you will see that even though we've just had the biggest recession since WWII trainee numbers didn't reduce.