PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Do you want to see positive change in the aviation industry, especially GA?
Old 19th Jan 2015, 07:14
Frank Arouet

Location: dans un cercle dont le centre est eveywhere et circumfernce n'est nulle part
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I'm asking you, as my fellow pilots, if you have the opportunity to influence a push for change in the aviation industry, what would your suggestions be?

OK kai, lets try something that you could start with. How about asking why the new DAS, Mark Skidmore AM is on the CAsA Board of seven directors. Doesn't this give him a power of veto over the other six on an even split, and if he is responsible to the Board, why is he on it, if that Board reports to the Minister?

For a State based candidates campaign, you could use this as a platform to attack cronyism, and perceived or real corruption at a Federal level. This puts you in a broad field including Defense, Health, Education, Financial institutions, including Super Funds caring for investors money, Agriculture, Foreign Affairs, Immigration and a plethora of other things germane to more than the 20,000 odd pilots who obviously don't rate more than nuisance value to the Bureaucrats and Politicians.

I sincerely hope I haven't offended anybody's sensitivities this time. If I have, tough tits.