PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - MCC - where to take it?
View Single Post
Old 18th Jan 2015, 21:25
Veren

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@previous

I said that in jest, though I personally did not find the PM role all that interesting. The course at simtech had some exercises that focused more on the PM role and others on the PF role. I was also lucky that my partner was a very capable pilot as well and often didn't need much prompting or assistance, if at all. So for some sorties the PM really just did not have a whole lot to do.

Also, simtech runs the course in 4 hour slots where you both fly the same 2 hour sortie, alternating back to back. Sometimes it just isnt that interesting to see the exact same route or problem, just from the other seat, especially if you know it is coming and already saw the pitfalls before; it is just more enjoyable as the PF to deal with single engine stuff for example! Simtech also has 5am starts and 2 am finishes; I hope you can agree with me that not all tasks are as engaging as others in the wee hours of the morning!

Feel free to disagree! I was just sharing my experiences. In my case, it just emphasized to me that I am not a good cut for airline flying and prefer the handling that GA brings to the table!