PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Staffing levels
Thread: Staffing levels
View Single Post
Old 18th Jan 2015, 20:03
Whenurhappy

Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts
Referring to my previous posts, I never cease to be amazed by the banality of some of our senior officers (Wg Cdr/Gp Capts). They apply staff college '7 step' methodology to problem solving or use the latest management-speak technique learned on their correspondence course with Staffordshire University, but do they really think about the problems in wider, indeed global sense? Do they approach problems understanding the basic concept of accumulated risk at point of delivery?

I did a pretty high-pressure tour in town and I was blessed with good, hard thinking team mates, AD and Director; most have now left out of frustration with 'the system'. I've chosen my own course, yet daily I hit the key-board with my head out of frustration dealing with the friction of a sclerotic support system that is the antithesis of mission command. Why do we make daily life support - especially for those overseas - so hard? What company in Britain requires that you send a fax??????? What company insists that you serve 11 months unaccompanied in a 'hardship' post, but doesn't fly you home? Or book expensive travel through a contractor 'or you won't be refunded'? Grrrr. And it's not even Monday.

And relaxxxxxxxx