PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aldergrove Flight Training Bust
View Single Post
Old 3rd Nov 2001, 03:39
clear prop!!!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
WWW sound like a sanctimonious git??!!…..Nah! …never!

WWW is dead right however on this one.

Seriously though, been there, done it and lost the cash (fortunately not a lot!)

It is easy to be wise after the event but NEVER…NEVER EVER pay a penny up front!

There is no…but NO need to pay for anything but the hour you are about to step into the aircraft ant fly, up front…and don’t let anyone tell you otherwise.

Also, do not for one second think that because you have paid by credit card you are covered for every eventuality…you are not! The credit card co’s can argue the case that there is onus on the cardholder to ensure that goods or services etc are of merchandisable quality etc etc. Visa etc are not a failsafe way to ensure that your ‘investment’ is sound.

Anyway, my condolences to all students who have lost cash, and to the instructors who have lost out. I know of one other school, which is about to go the same way, so watch out folks.

I would add that all of this should NOT be blamed on Sept 11. It is simply that bad marketing, management, winter etc have caught up with some schools, which should have gone bust long before now.

Good luck chaps